Shaker Youth Hockey Association
Coach’s Code of Ethics
1. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
2. I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
3. I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players and forbid mal-equipped players on the ice.
4. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
5. I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
6. I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the sport and I will teach these rules to my players.
7. I will be prepared and organized for all practices and games.
8. I will teach mutual respect between coaches and players.
9. I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for children, not adults. - Adopted 8-19-99 Shaker Youth Hockey Association