Dates: August 17-21
Max Ortolani, Shaker Youth Hockey Coordinator
Matt Bartley, Shaker High School Varsity Coach
Jared Lavender, Cleveland Heights Bantam Coach
Russ Sinkewich, Ohio Hockey Project
Counselors: Shaker Heights High School Varsity Players
Mite / Squirt: 8:00am-5:00pm
Peewee / Bantam: 5:30-9:00pm
See Document for additional details and registration.
Any questions contact Max Ortolani. 216-491-2581
Congratulations to the players and coaches of the Shaker Mite Red 1 team as they won the Mite AA Regional Silver Stick Championship in Dayton, Ohio over the weekend. This is a big honor and it qualifies the team for the International Silver Stick Championships in St. Clair Shores, MI in January.
Skate sharpening at Thornton Park has been suspended.
Our Shaker hockey spirit wear web store is closed.
February 13-15 (Presidents) - Killer-B Tournament
February 19 - Board meeting
February 21/22 & March 1 - CSHL Playoffs
March 9 - May 2 - Spring Hockey (Information coming soon)
SYHA would like to thank Scott and Meredith Camp for their leadership in running our annual fund raiser.
Thank you to all of the SYHA players who came out for the Skate-a-Thon. It was a great night for SYHA. We had over 120 players ranging from Mighty Mites to Bantams... with a record number of Bantams for the Bantams vs. Coaches game. Thank you to all of the coaches for a fun game! A big thank you also to all of our volunteers who helped run the food, music, raffle, bake sale, on ice activities and registration. And last, a big thank you to the parents for coming out and supporting our program.
We have a new SYHA hockey apparel provider this year. Rube Adler Sports (RAS) of Solon will be handling all our ordering of game uniforms, game socks, warm-ups and spirit wear.
Game score keepers. Game clock managers. Game penalty box managers.
- Act in a professional and businesslike manner at all times and take your role seriously.
- Strive to provide a safe and sportsmanlike environment in which players can properly display their hockey skills.
- Know all playing rules, their interpretations and their proper application.
- Remember that officials are teachers. Set a good example.
- Control games only to the extent that is necessary to provide a positive and safe experience for all participants.
- Violence should never be tolerated.
- Be fair and impartial at all times.
- Answer all reasonable questions and requests.
- Adopt a “zero tolerance” attitude toward verbal or physical abuse.
- Never use foul or vulgar language when speaking with a player, coach or parent.
- Use honesty and integrity when answering questions.
- Admit your mistakes when you make them.
- Never openly criticize a coach, player or other official.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Use only USA Hockey–approved officiating techniques and policies.
Please create a username and password in the top left corner. Going forward there will be no more emails from the Google Groups.
There are two ways to access your team schedule.
1) Go to the team website under the Teams tab.
2) Go to the Calendar. The Calendar is driven by tags. Select Show Tags Menu. You can then select the teams that you want to see. Make sure you have Match Any selected in the top right corner. Then Select Hide Tags Menu.
Select All Tags will show you all events. Make sure that Home is unselected to see only the teams you want.
The Calendar Function is great your families with players on multiple teams.
There is also a SportsNgin App that allows you to access your team information.