Tryout Dates and Times
Please be sure to have all registration materials completed prior to the first tryout. Register online via the tab on the left hand side of the website. See the Registration Checklist on the Website. Mites and Squirts must register for Tryouts online. There is no fee, but we would like to have all players registered so Tryouts will go smoother. You must pay the City of Shaker Heights a $200 deposit for Squirts / $125 for Mites and the Shaker Youth Hockey Association Fee in order to Tryout. ($115).
MITE ADM (2006-2009)
We will field four Mites teams this season under the USA Hockey American Development Model (ADM). Please see the Mite ADM tab on the Website for an explanation of Mite ADM.
The four teams will be:
Mite ADM Red 1
Mite ADM Red 2
Mite ADM White
Mite ADM Blue
Mite Coaches: Tim Brokaw, Effrum Garnett, Rich Mears, Bob Shenk, Matt Shenk and Doug Slifko
SQUIRT (2004 and 2005)
We will likely field three Squirt teams this season.
Tuesday, August 26 7:15-8:15pm Group 2
Wednesday, August 27 7:45-8:45pm Group 1
Potential Squirt Coaches: Craig Hoberman, Rich Mears, Jon Rice, Jamie Stewart and Tim Wiebe
Any questions please contact Max Ortolani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
August 23-28 - Mite and Squirt Tryouts / Peewee and Bantam Season Starts
September 13 - Preseaon Scheduling (Cleveland Heights)
September 18 - October 19 - Preseason
October 25 - Regular Season Scheduling (Cleveland Heights)
October 25 - Skate-a-Thon
January 16-19 (MLK) - Ann Arbor Tournament
February 13-15 (Presidents) - Killer-B Tournament
February 21/22 & March 1 - CSHL Playoffs
Registration/Tryout Checklist for 2014-15 for all teams:
Please make sure you have all of the following completed before the start of the season.
All forms are available on the website
1) SYHA Fee $115 check payable to Shaker Youth Hockey Association (SYHA) - one fee per family
2) Registration DUE 8/23 – online tryout registration filled out (already done for Peewees and Bantams) and fees paid to City of Shaker Heights each player needs a form. Minimum $200 deposit due by this date, City Fees must be paid to tryout.
a.Mites Resident $500 Non-Resident $625
b.Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam Resident $755 Non-Resident $1,050
3) Completed USA Hockey registration DUE 8/23 - $45 done at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
4) Copy of Birth Certificate for all new players
5) Jerseys - All players from Mite ADM White through Bantam will be wearing the new Ottawa Senators style jerseys (White/Black). These are available at Rube Adler Sports. The Mite ADM Blue teams will be given jerseys that will be returned at the end of the season. All jersey number requests should be sent to Max Ortolani at email@example.com.
Thank you to all who played in and donated to the Golf Outing. The bad weather stayed away and we had a wonderful outing. We had 72 golfers, 14 hole sponsors and many raffle items donated by SYHA families. The Golf Outing is one of three major fundraisers for the SYHA.
Congrats to the Bantam 1 team on their 6-4 victory over CSC to complete the Regular Season and Playoff sweep of Bantam AA.
Congrats to the Bantam AA, PeeWee AA and Squirt AA teams on their division championships.
Please create a username and password in the top left corner. Going forward there will be no more emails from the Google Groups.
There are two ways to access your team schedule.
1) Go to the team website under the Teams tab.
2) Go to the Calendar. The Calendar is driven by tags. Select Show Tags Menu. You can then select the teams that you want to see. Make sure you have Match Any selected in the top right corner. Then Select Hide Tags Menu.
Select All Tags will show you all events. Make sure that Home is unselected to see only the teams you want.
The Calendar Function is great your families with players on multiple teams.
There is also a SportsNgin App that allows you to access your team information.