The Lake Erie Monsters will be in Shaker on 10/20 as part of their Tour with the Monsters event.
Shaker is only one of five communities that the Monsters will visit this season.
The event is free and scheduled from 6:00-7:30PM.
The first hour will be a official Lake Erie Monsters practice followed by a half hour of open skate and autographs with the pros. All are welcome as this night is open to the public.
Thank you to Caroline and Lee Weingart for hosting the SYHA parent meet and greet last Friday. Great weather made for a great turn out. We hope that everyone had a good time and that new hockey friends were made by all.
We have a new SYHA hockey apparel provider this year. Rube Adler Sports (RAS) of Solon will be handling all our ordering of game uniforms, game socks, warm-ups and spirit wear.
Thank you to all who played in and donated to the Golf Outing. The bad weather stayed away and we had a wonderful outing. We had 72 golfers, 14 hole sponsors and many raffle items donated by SYHA families. The Golf Outing is one of three major fundraisers for the SYHA.
September 18 - October 19 - Preseason Games
October 8 - SYHA Goalie Clinic. Details to Come
October 20 - Lake Erie Monsters @ Thornton Park (6:00-7:30PM)
October 25 - Regular Season Scheduling (Cleveland Heights)
October 25 - Skate-a-Thon
January 16-19 (MLK) - Ann Arbor Tournament
February 13-15 (Presidents) - Killer-B Tournament
February 21/22 & March 1 - CSHL Playoffs
Registration/Tryout Checklist for 2014-15 for all teams:
Please make sure you have all of the following completed before the start of the season.
All forms are available on the website
1) SYHA Fee $115 check payable to Shaker Youth Hockey Association (SYHA) - one fee per family
2) Registration DUE 8/23 – online tryout registration filled out (already done for Peewees and Bantams) and fees paid to City of Shaker Heights each player needs a form. Minimum $200 deposit due by this date, City Fees must be paid to tryout.
a.Mites Resident $500 Non-Resident $625
b.Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam Resident $755 Non-Resident $1,050
3) Completed USA Hockey registration DUE 8/23 - $45 done at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
4) Copy of Birth Certificate for all new players
5) Jerseys - All players from Mite ADM White through Bantam will be wearing the new Ottawa Senators style jerseys (White/Black). These are available at Rube Adler Sports. The Mite ADM Blue teams will be given jerseys that will be returned at the end of the season. All jersey number requests should be sent to Max Ortolani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please create a username and password in the top left corner. Going forward there will be no more emails from the Google Groups.
There are two ways to access your team schedule.
1) Go to the team website under the Teams tab.
2) Go to the Calendar. The Calendar is driven by tags. Select Show Tags Menu. You can then select the teams that you want to see. Make sure you have Match Any selected in the top right corner. Then Select Hide Tags Menu.
Select All Tags will show you all events. Make sure that Home is unselected to see only the teams you want.
The Calendar Function is great your families with players on multiple teams.
There is also a SportsNgin App that allows you to access your team information.