Congratulations to the players and coaches of the Shaker Mite Red 1 team as they won the Mite AA Regional Silver Stick Championship in Dayton, Ohio over the weekend. This is a big honor and it qualifies the team for the International Silver Stick Championships in St. Clair Shores, MI in January.
Look for the championship banner to be flying soon at Thornton Park.
Tuesday 12/16 7:00PM Shaker vs Mentor
Wednesday 12/17 7:30PM Shaker vs Strongsville
Saturday 12/20 3:00PM Shaker vs Bowling Green
Sunday 12/12 4:30PM Varsity Championship
Monday 12/15 7:30PM Shaker JV vs Holy Name JV
Friday 12/19 4:00PM or 5:30PM
Remaining Schedule TBD
Other Varsity Games
Thursday 12/18 5:30PM Brecksville vs Mentor
Thursday 12/18 7:30PM Rocky River vs Strongsville
Friday 12/19 7:30PM Bowling Green vs Rocky River
Saturday 12/20 11:30AM Strongsville vs Brecksville
Sunday 12/21 10:00AM Bowling Green vs Mentor
Sunday 12/21 12:00PM Brecksville vs Rocky River
Skate sharpening at Thornton Park for Shaker youth hockey players.
$5.00 per sharpening with proceeds benefitting the various Shaker Hockey programs.
December and January days and times
December 14 - 1:00-3:00PM
December 20 - 12:00-2:00PM
January 4, 10, 11, 24 & 31 - 12:00-2:00PM
CONGRATULATIONS to SYHA and all of our players for a record year in the Skate-a-Thon! We not only raised significant funds, but we also had a record number of players and families at the event and spirit and support for our Shaker program was at an all time high! We hope you enjoyed the night and thank you again to all that participated and helped... all of our SYHA players are winners!
We had 54 players join the 100 Club this year! Congratulations to these 54 kids for their hard work! Watch for an email about your custom 100 Club shirt.
Top 3 Teams (note this was calculated on money raised per player since all teams range in size):
Congratulations... you have all won suites for a Monsters game (Squirt teams on 12/5 and Mite White in February Date TBD). We will reach out to your coaches and managers early next week to confirm details and tickets. Please save the date!
A special shout out to the Mite Blue team which raised a great amount and participated as a large group for the first time! Last, thank you to our Bantam players and our coaches for playing in the post-game. Was fun for those playing and even more fun for those younger players who watched.
Top 3 Individual Fundraisers:
Congratulations... you have all won tickets to a Monsters game!
Thank you to those who helped provide our prizes through their generous donations: PNC Bank, Jones Day, Todd Russell, DDS, Brendan Anderson/Evolution Capital and the Lake Erie Monsters.
If you have any additional donations to turn in, please give them to Max at the rink. Thank you again for your participation and support of the program. This money will allow us to spend the necessary resources to support your players.
December 18 - Monthly Board Meeting
January 16-19 (MLK) - Ann Arbor Tournament
February 13-15 (Presidents) - Killer-B Tournament
February 21/22 & March 1 - CSHL Playoffs
SYHA would like to thank Scott and Meredith Camp for their leadership in running our annual fund raiser.
Thank you to all of the SYHA players who came out for the Skate-a-Thon. It was a great night for SYHA. We had over 120 players ranging from Mighty Mites to Bantams... with a record number of Bantams for the Bantams vs. Coaches game. Thank you to all of the coaches for a fun game! A big thank you also to all of our volunteers who helped run the food, music, raffle, bake sale, on ice activities and registration. And last, a big thank you to the parents for coming out and supporting our program.
Reminder: please turn in any pledges by November 12th to your team manager. A few days later, we will announce the team and individual winners, as well as the members of the 100 Club (players who raise over $100 in pledges) who will receive a special shirt for their efforts.
We have a new SYHA hockey apparel provider this year. Rube Adler Sports (RAS) of Solon will be handling all our ordering of game uniforms, game socks, warm-ups and spirit wear.
Our Shaker hockey spirit wear web store is closed.
All orders received by November 16th have been delivered and are in Max's Thornton Park office. Please see Max to pick up our order.
A BIG thank you to SYHA from Captain Benjamin Izor and the troops at Camp Perry near Toledo. Through a connection on the East side of Cleveland, we were able to donate over 5 shopping bags of candy to LOCAL members of our United States Army. Most of them will be deployed within the next 2 months either nationally or internationally. They really appreciated your donations and your thoughts!
Game score keepers. Game clock managers. Game penalty box managers.
- Act in a professional and businesslike manner at all times and take your role seriously.
- Strive to provide a safe and sportsmanlike environment in which players can properly display their hockey skills.
- Know all playing rules, their interpretations and their proper application.
- Remember that officials are teachers. Set a good example.
- Control games only to the extent that is necessary to provide a positive and safe experience for all participants.
- Violence should never be tolerated.
- Be fair and impartial at all times.
- Answer all reasonable questions and requests.
- Adopt a “zero tolerance” attitude toward verbal or physical abuse.
- Never use foul or vulgar language when speaking with a player, coach or parent.
- Use honesty and integrity when answering questions.
- Admit your mistakes when you make them.
- Never openly criticize a coach, player or other official.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Use only USA Hockey–approved officiating techniques and policies.
Please create a username and password in the top left corner. Going forward there will be no more emails from the Google Groups.
There are two ways to access your team schedule.
1) Go to the team website under the Teams tab.
2) Go to the Calendar. The Calendar is driven by tags. Select Show Tags Menu. You can then select the teams that you want to see. Make sure you have Match Any selected in the top right corner. Then Select Hide Tags Menu.
Select All Tags will show you all events. Make sure that Home is unselected to see only the teams you want.
The Calendar Function is great your families with players on multiple teams.
There is also a SportsNgin App that allows you to access your team information.
Registration/Tryout Checklist for 2014-15 for all teams:
Please make sure you have all of the following completed before the start of the season.
All forms are available on the website
1) SYHA Fee $115 check payable to Shaker Youth Hockey Association (SYHA) - one fee per family
2) Registration DUE 8/23 – online tryout registration filled out (already done for Peewees and Bantams) and fees paid to City of Shaker Heights each player needs a form. Minimum $200 deposit due by this date, City Fees must be paid to tryout.
a.Mites Resident $500 Non-Resident $625
b.Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam Resident $755 Non-Resident $1,050
3) Completed USA Hockey registration DUE 8/23 - $45 done at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
4) Copy of Birth Certificate for all new players
5) Jerseys - All players from Mite ADM White through Bantam will be wearing the new Ottawa Senators style jerseys (White/Black). These are available at Rube Adler Sports. The Mite ADM Blue teams will be given jerseys that will be returned at the end of the season. All jersey number requests should be sent to Max Ortolani at firstname.lastname@example.org.